What is the dental implant, how does work, Price, Cons and Pros?
A dental implant is a surgical component that is used to replace a missing tooth or teeth. It is made of titanium, which is a biocompatible material that fuses with the jawbone and acts as an artificial tooth root. The dental implant consists of three parts: the implant itself, the abutment, and the crown.
The dental implant procedure involves inserting the implant into the jawbone and allowing it to fuse with the bone over several months. Once the implant has fused with the bone, the abutment is attached to the implant, and the crown is placed over the abutment. The result is a natural-looking and functioning tooth or teeth.
Pros of dental implants include:
1. Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, improving your smile and overall appearance.
2. Improved speech: Missing teeth can affect speech, and dental implants can help improve speech clarity.
3. Improved oral health: Dental implants can help prevent bone loss and gum recession, which can occur when teeth are missing.
4. Improved comfort: Dental implants are more comfortable than traditional dentures, which can be uncomfortable and slip out of place.
5. Improved eating and digestion: Dental implants allow you to eat and chew normally, improving digestion and overall health.
Cons of dental implants include:
1. Cost: Dental implants can be expensive, depending on the number of teeth being replaced and the complexity of the procedure.
2. Surgical procedure: Dental implant surgery is a surgical procedure that involves anesthesia and incisions, which some people may find uncomfortable.
3. Healing time: The dental implant process can take several months to complete, including the healing time after surgery.
4. Risk of complications: As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of complications, such as infection or implant failure.
The cost of dental implants can vary depending on a number of factors, including the number of teeth being replaced, the complexity of the procedure, and the location of the clinic. In general, dental implants can be expensive, and they are often not covered by insurance.
It’s important to discuss the pros and cons of dental implants with a qualified dentist or oral surgeon to determine if they are the right choice for you. They can provide a more accurate estimate of the cost and help you weigh the benefits and risks of the procedure.
The average cost of dental implants in Turkey is around $500. Some clinics offer more affordable packages that start from $399, while more advanced procedures can cost up to $1,000. The cost of dental implants in Turkey will also depend on the general condition of the patient’s teeth and mouth.
Leave a reply